We are currently considering Birthday Party Reservations on a case by case basis, complying with county and city regulations for gatherings and group safety, and making sure to provide for the safety of our visitors, staff, and volunteers as well.
All reservations are also subject to staff and volunteer availability, as we are currently operating with a very small staff.
At this time any parties are OUTDOOR ONLY parties with 30 or fewer total attendees (including the host family).
Party hosts MUST submit an Event Planning Checklist required by the City of Bellaire (download checklist here). Additionally, ALL party guests MUST bring an NDC Event Health Screening Form with them to the party (download form here).
Please submit a Birthday Party Inquiry Form and we will let you know if you can accommodate your group under current conditions.
Birthday Party Details
Birthday parties at the Nature Discovery Center include reserved use of our outdoor Pavilion Area (see map) for a 2 hour party with your guests, as well as one party option of your choice (see below). Our party options each last about 45 minutes depending on the age and interest level of party guests. Whether you choose a program with live animals, or a guided tour of the Discovery Rooms, all programs end with a short nature hike. Your party option will be scheduled to start 30 minutes after your guests are supposed to arrive to make sure everyone gets to enjoy the experience, even if they arrive a little late.
Birthday Parties may only be scheduled by current NDC Members at Wildlife Family level or higher.
Party Scheduling: Pavilions may be reserved for parties from 4 – 6 pm on Fridays, or on Saturdays and Sundays from 10 am – 12 pm, 1 – 3 pm, or 4 – 6 pm. Your total pavilion reservation time includes 30 minutes before and after your party to allow time for set-up and clean-up. For example, if your party is from 10 am – 12 pm you can arrive to set up at 9:30 am and you can stay to clean up until 12:30 pm. In this example party, your party option would begin at 10:30 am.
Party Cost: $290 Cost includes pavilion reservation AND one Party Option (see list below).
You may choose ONE of the listed options for your party, which includes an indoor educational program followed by a brief themed nature hike.
***Parties and Party Programs are not confirmed until payment is received.***
Note: If you have other party entertainment plans and only want to reserve the Pavilion Area for your party, the cost of your party will remain the same, $290 for Family Level NDC Members and higher, standard Pavilion Area reservation time windows apply.
Live animals and specimens from our collection help make our party programs a special experience for your birthday child and their friends and family to enjoy. Suggested age ranges are provided, but all programs can be adapted for kids of all ages.
- Bunny Buddies — Listen to a rabbit tale and visit with and pet a live rabbit. We’ll finish up with a visit to the outdoor rabbit enclosure and rabbit feeding time. Recommended for ages 2 to 6.
- Join the Insect Club — A fun and interactive live animal presentation about insects, spiders, and other creepy crawly animals. After the indoor program, we’ll go on a fun insect walk through the park. Recommended for ages 4 to 7.
- Scales and Tails — A program all about reptiles: snakes, lizards, crocs and turtles. Children will be able to touch and investigate live animals and reptile specimens up close. We’ll finish with a reptile hike through the park. For ages 5 to 9.
- Butterflies & Blooms — Your child’s party guests will enjoy learning about butterflies and other pollinators in an interactive program with one of our naturalists. Every child will get to plant native flowers to take home for the bees and butterflies. We’ll finish this special program with a walk in our flower gardens to look for bees, butterflies, and other local pollinators.
(Recommended for March through October birthdays. Limit 25 kids.)
- NEW PROGRAM: Furry and Fuzzy — Learn about our furry and fuzzy friends the mammals. We’ll touch some our awesome specimens, furs, and live animals, as we learn about the lives of American mammals. Rabbits and other furry friends will join us. After the presentation, we’ll head out into the park to look for wild mammals.
- NEW PROGRAM: Feathered Friends — Get to know some of our feathered friends, with an interesting program that includes cool specimens and live birds. After our program, we’ll pay a visit to our outdoor bird enclosure and look for wild birds in the park.
- Discovery Room Tour — One of our naturalists will guide children and parents through our Discovery Rooms, and will bring out live animals for the children to visit with. After the tour, we’ll head outside for a fun nature hike.
Note: Please have the children come upstairs with clean hands for our animal’s sake. There is a fire code maximum of 30 people in the rooms at a time.