Make a difference in kids’ lives, volunteer with our field trip program this year!
We are gearing up for our school field trip programs and are looking to recruit a few volunteer “Field Trip Guides” to help lead small groups of elementary school students through our nature park. This is a weekday morning volunteer opportunity.
This is a great opportunity for you to make an impact on children’s lives by helping them to connect with nature through our field trip program.
- Co-teach our discovery-based field trip program Nature at Your Doorstep.
- Provide interactive hands-on experiences in our science based Discovery Rooms.
- Volunteer Teachers will lead a tour of the nature center and park to a small group (8-12) of early elementary students and their adult chaperones.
- Training is provided.
- Field trips are scheduled weekday mornings. Volunteers are needed for 2-hour time blocks.
- Frequency is flexible, weekly or monthly.
Please see this role description for more details. And view this short video to learn about the impact of the Nature Discovery Center from one of our NAYD School Field Trip Volunteers.
If you feel called to volunteer in this way, please email Anne Eisner, and we will schedule a time to bring you in for an interview and training.
Thank you for partnering with us to make a difference in kids’ lives.