Birthday Parties may be held under the three pavilions located behind the Nature Discovery Center (see map here). The large pavilion covers three 8-foot picnic tables (seating = 36 kids or 30 adults), while each of the two smaller pavilions covers one 6-foot picnic table (seating = eight kids or six adults).
Reservations must be made in advance.
To learn more, go to the Birthday Party page.
Events may be held at the Nature Discovery Center, which offers an affordable and functional rental area for your special event or meeting needs. For outdoor entertaining, the Center has three pavilions located behind the Nature Discovery Center (see map here). The large pavilion covers three 8-foot picnic tables (seating = 36 kids or 30 adults), while each of the two smaller pavilions covers one 6-foot picnic table (seating = eight kids or six adults).
Reservations must be made and paid for in advance for all event rentals. To begin your rental process please fill out our Facility Rental Inquiry Form.
Event Rental Package Guidelines:
• Exclusive use of the pavilions for up to five hours, including setup and cleanup time
• Option to decorate pavilions (streamers or banners, NO piñatas and NO balloons) but return to previous condition after party
• Ability to use outside vendors for catering, etc. All vendors must submit their liability insurance 5 days in advance of the rental.
• No flame or heated food trays may be placed on the wooden picnic tables for fire safety.
• Access to large trash bins
• A nature setting that offers a unique and beautiful backdrop
The following are strictly prohibited:
· No petting zoos, pony rides, or unauthorized outside animals.
· No balloons of any kind
· No piñatas
· No staking of bounce houses or canopies
· No disturbing or feeding any animals.
· No alcohol, smoking, or pets, per City of Bellaire park regulations
Take a virtual tour of the outdoor pavilion area by clicking on the photo below.
Meetings or Retreats at the Center
The use of indoor spaces for event rentals is currently prohibited at the Center due to COVID.
At this time we are unable to host staff retreats, board meetings or planning sessions inside the Henshaw House at the Nature Discovery Center. You can, however, meet outside at the picnic tables, under our pavilions. Please see the Event Rentals section above for details before calling to inquire about your group’s needs.
Restrictions and Payment
Because we are located inside a city park, there can be no pets, alcoholic beverages, or smoking in the building, grounds, or parking lots.
Payment in full is required at the time of reservation. Cancellations must be made in writing more than 10 days in advance via email to email@example.com for a 50% refund.