Because they are short and sweet and you can register for single or multiple days, these Summer Science Mini-Camps are perfect for kids who are too young for our regular camps or who have never attended full day, week long camps before.
Your new campers will get to experience what Summer Science Camp is all about in short sessions where they will be engaged and entertained with hands-on activities, games, art projects, new friends, and more all while learning the ropes of camp!
Weather permitting, campers will spend the majority of their time outdoors. We will follow strict COVID safety guidelines that have been approved by the City of Bellaire (see below).
Ages: 4 to 7
Times: Camps run from 9 am to 12 noon. We can not offer pre or post camp care at this time.
- May 31 – Fantastic Fish
- June 1 – Fabulous Frogs
- June 2 – Bird Buddies
- June 3 – Slithery Snakes
- June 4 – Beautiful Butterflies
Cost / day: Members $35 / Nonmembers $45
Limit: 10 campers with one camp instructor and one counselor
Advance registration is required. REGISTER
Important Camp Information and Forms
2021 Camp Health Screening Form & 2021 Camp Safety Policies and Procedures Form (PDFs) Note: Both forms must be filled out and brought to camp at the time of check-in.
- Parents are required to answer pre-camp health and exposure screening questions for camp availability.
- Parents need to familiarize themselves with new procedures for camper drop-off and pick-up before coming to camp.
- Parents need to understand and comply with policies for campers who develop symptoms during camp and/or who are absent from camp.
Additional Information About Camp Hygiene
- All camp spaces inside the center will be disinfected during the day while the campers are outside and again at the end of the day.
- The Center will be closed to the public during camp, and no parents will be allowed inside the building. Camper pick-up and drop-off will be in front of the Center.
- Campers will be given their own labeled set of supplies to use during camp to minimize sharing of resources (scissors, tape, glue, crayons, clipboards, etc.).
- Tools used by campers (hand lenses, binoculars, nets, bug boxes, etc. will be disinfected between uses.
- Campers will wash their hands with soap and water immediately upon arrival and between activities, and they will have access to alcohol based hand sanitizer throughout the day.
- Campers and camp staff will have their temperatures taken upon arrival and again during lunch.
- Campers will maintain safe social distances of 6 feet from other campers and staff.
- Camp staff (instructors and counselors) will be required to wear masks inside the Center and any time they will be less than 6 feet from campers when outside.
Please notify the Center via phone call (713.667.6550) and detailed email (firstname.lastname@example.org) of any change in your plans or need to withdraw from camp for any reason. Read our FAQ for Camp Registrations Here (includes cancellation and refund policies)