Join us for a fun exploration of the animals in our park and around Texas. We’ll learn the animal groups and learn how to study them (as well as some basic animal science) by encountering live animals in the classroom and out in the field. Become a junior zoologist at the Nature Discovery Center!
- Camper Ages: 5 to 10
- Camp Size: 10 campers, 1 instructor, 1 head counselor
- Camper Groups: Campers will be socially distanced within two separate groups of 5 campers in their own camp rooms when inside the Center. Campers may socially distance in one group of 10 when outside in the Park.
- **NEW** Camp Hours: 9 am – 2 pm
- Campers Bring: Re-fillable water bottles and lunch. We will provide individual prepackaged snacks for campers in the morning and afternoon. No toys from home of any kind will be allowed at camp.
- Camp Costs: $260 Members / $330 Nonmembers
Important Camp Parent Information and Forms
Note: these two forms must be filled out and brought to check-in on Monday morning.
- Parents are required to answer pre-camp health and exposure screening questions for camp availability.
- **NEW** Parents need to familiarize themselves with new procedures for camper drop-off and pick-up before coming to camp on Monday.
- Parents need to understand and comply with new policies for campers who develop symptoms during camp and/or who are absent from camp.
Additional Information About Camp Hygiene
- All camp spaces inside the center will be disinfected during the day while the campers are outside and again at the end of the day.
- The Center will be closed to the public during camp, and no parents will be allowed inside the building. Camper pick-up and drop-off will be in front of the Center.
- Campers will be given their own labeled set of supplies to use during camp to minimize sharing of resources (scissors, tape, glue, crayons, clipboards, etc.).
- Tools used by campers (hand lenses, binoculars, nets, bug boxes, etc. will be disinfected between uses.
- Campers will wash their hands with soap and water immediately upon arrival and between activities, and they will have access to alcohol based hand sanitizer throughout the day.
- Campers and camp staff will have their temperatures taken upon arrival and again during lunch.
- Campers will maintain safe social distances of 6 feet from other campers and staff.
- Camp staff (instructors and counselors) will be required to wear masks inside the Center and any time they will be less than 6 feet from campers when outside.
Note: Priority registration has been offered to campers who were previously signed up for our camps this summer. Some camps may already be full and on Wait List Status. Please go ahead and sign up for the wait list in case there are cancellations. We will notify you as soon as possible if you make it in to camp.
Please alert the Center ASAP by calling 713.667.6550 AND sending an email if your plans change or you need to withdraw from camp.
Please see our FAQ for Classes and Camps for our cancellation and refund policies.