Ages: 5 to 10 years old
Days & Times: Monday – Friday from 9am – 3pm
Camp Cost (includes a t-shirt – click to see the shirt): Wildlife Family Level and above Member Discount $275/week or Nonmembers $350/week
Advanced registration is required. REGISTER
Please read our FAQ for Camp Registrations here before you register (includes cancellation and refund policies).
2021 Dates and Topics
|Jun 7 – 11||Texas Wildlife|
|Jun 14 – 18||Creepy Crawlies (invertebrates)|
|Jun 21 – 25||Into the Trees (trees and forests)|
|Jun 28 – Jul 2
||Homes and Habitats|
|July 4 week||Break Week – no camps this week|
|Jul 12 – 16||Scaly and Slimy (reptiles and amphibians)|
|Jul 19 – 23||Texas Wildlife|
|Jul 26 – 30||Creepy Crawlies (invertebrates)|
|Aug 2 – 6
||Into the Trees (trees and forests)|
|Aug 9 – 13||Homes and Habitats|
|Aug 16 – 20||Scaly and Slimy (reptiles and amphibians)|
Camp Size and Structure: Limit 20 total campers per week. Campers will be divided in two “bubbles” of 10 campers that will have separate camp spaces at the Center and will not co-mingle. Each bubble will have the same camp instructor and teen counselor for the entire week. Note: At the time of registration, you must list the first and last names of any friends that your child would like in their camp bubble. We can not guarantee that any two kids will be placed in the same bubble without this information up front.
What to Bring: Daily – campers will wear masks and bring lunches and water bottles.
Important Camp Parent Information and Forms
- Parents are required to answer pre-camp health and exposure screening questions for camp availability.
- Parents need to familiarize themselves with procedures for camper drop-off and pick-up before coming to camp.
- Parents need to understand and comply with new policies for campers who develop symptoms during camp and/or who are absent from camp.
Additional Information About Camp Hygiene
- All camp spaces inside the center will be disinfected during the day while the campers are outside and again at the end of the day.
- The Center will be closed to the public during camp, and no parents will be allowed inside the building. Camper pick-up and drop-off will be in front of the Center.
- Campers will be given their own labeled set of supplies to use during camp to minimize sharing of resources (scissors, tape, glue, crayons, clipboards, etc.).
- Tools used by campers (hand lenses, binoculars, nets, bug boxes, etc. will be disinfected between uses.
- Campers will wash their hands with soap and water immediately upon arrival and between activities, and they will have access to alcohol based hand sanitizer throughout the day.
- Campers and camp staff will have their temperatures taken upon arrival and again during lunch.
- Campers will maintain safe social distances of 6 feet from other campers and staff.
- Camp staff (instructors and counselors) will be required to wear masks inside the Center and any time they will be less than 6 feet from campers when outside.
Please notify the Center via phone call (713.667.6550) and detailed email (firstname.lastname@example.org) of any change in your plans or need to withdraw from camp for any reason.